- Type: String
- Range / Valid values: Max 4095 characters
- Default: %v-%Y%m%d-timelapse
- Group: Output - Movie
File path for timelapse mpegs relative to target_dir (ffmpeg only)., File path for timelapse mpegs relative to target_dir (ffmpeg only).
Default value is equivalent to legacy 'oldlayout' option.
File extension .mpg is automatically added so do not include this.
This option uses conversion specifiers
which are codes that start by % and then a letter. The conversion specifiers used has the same function as for the C function strftime (3). The most commonly used are:
- %Y = year
- %m = month as two digits
- %d = date
- %H = hour
- %M = minute
- %S = second
- %T = HH:MM:SS
These are unique to motion
- %v = event
- %q = frame number
- %t = thread (camera) number
- %D = changed pixels
- %N = noise level
- %i = width of motion area
- %J = height of motion area
- %K = X coordinate of motion center
- %L = Y coordinate of motion center
- %C = value defined by text_event
For Motion 3.0 compatible mode (directories based on date and time) choose: %Y/%m/%d-timelapse
If you are happy with the directory structures the way they were in earlier versions of motion use %v-%Y%m%d-timelapse for 'oldlayout on' and %Y/%m/%d-timelapse for 'oldlayout off'.